By Antonio Ambrosetti,David Arcoya Álvarez
Read or Download An Introduction to Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Elliptic Problems: 82 (Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications) PDF
Best functional analysis books
This cutting-edge survey serves as a whole evaluate of the topic. along with the rules and theoretical foundations, emphasis is laid on functional applicability -- describing not just classical tools, but in addition smooth advancements and their functions. scholars, researchers and practitioners, specially within the fields of knowledge registration, remedy and evaluate, will locate this a wealth of data.
The booklet provides a entire exposition of extension effects for maps among varied geometric items and of extension-trace effects for soft capabilities on subsets with out a priori differential constitution (Whitney problems). The account covers improvement of the world from the preliminary classical works of the 1st half the 20 th century to the flourishing interval of the decade.
This booklet presents a concise and meticulous creation to practical research. because the subject attracts seriously at the interaction among the algebraic constitution of a linear house and the space constitution of a metric area, practical research is more and more gaining the eye of not just mathematicians but in addition scientists and engineers.
This advent to sensible research specializes in the kinds of singularity that hinder an operator from being invertible. The presentation is predicated at the open mapping theorem, Hahn-Banach theorem, twin house development, growth of normed area, and Liouville's theorem. appropriate for complex undergraduate and graduate classes in sensible research, this quantity is additionally a precious source for researchers in Fredholm thought, Banach algebras, and multiparameter spectral thought.
- Functions of a-Bounded Type in the Half-Plane: 4 (Advances in Complex Analysis and Its Applications)
- Spectral Theory and Analysis: Conference on Operator Theory, Analysis and Mathematical Physics (OTAMP) 2008, Bedlewo, Poland (Operator Theory: Advances and Applications)
- Hörmander Spaces, Interpolation, and Elliptic Problems (De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics)
- Nonlinear Smoothing and Multiresolution Analysis: 150 (International Series of Numerical Mathematics)
- Modern Analysis and Applications: The Mark Krein Centenary Conference - Volume 2: Differential Operators and Mechanics: 191 (Operator Theory: Advances and Applications)
- Nonlinear Inclusions and Hemivariational Inequalities: Models and Analysis of Contact Problems: 26 (Advances in Mechanics and Mathematics)
Additional resources for An Introduction to Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Elliptic Problems: 82 (Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications)
An Introduction to Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Elliptic Problems: 82 (Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications) by Antonio Ambrosetti,David Arcoya Álvarez